Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Milk Painted China Cabinet

Here is a rather blurry picture of the china cabinet before I got my hands on it. It was a purchase from one of the antique shops I frequent. I saw it for a few months before I got the nerve to buy it.

I paid way too much...almost $400.00 which is a lot for me. I usually try to find things that are around or under $100. I have to really like something to pay more for it.

In order to make myself feel better about this larger purchase, I did the layaway deal. A lot of the local antique shops allow you to layaway certain items for up to three months.

Eventually about the time I paid this off, I was moving into the new house. So we packed it off and took it to its new destination. For a while it lived in the garage.

Later it made its way into the living room hole, as I call it. I know there are a ton of different dirty thoughts going through your mind, why do you think I call it that. Even I need a immature giggle on occasion.

Alright, so moving along, I went back and forth between what type of paint to use on this. I have used chalk paint several times, and recently started making my own, but I wanted an even older looking finish. This is an old very Victorian looking piece. It fits my house and my own personal love for all things old. It is the most decorative piece I own.

In the end I went with Milk Paint because it has a very "white washed" look. It also chips and crackles without aid.









Don't mind the blurry picture, eventually I'll have the honey take some good shots with his Nikon. Until then, this will have to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment